Hey, there California! I’m Sotera Anderson your trusted Lemon Law attorney in California. In this article, I’m going to give you a crash course on the Lemon Law and empower you with the knowledge you need to protect your rights as a consumer.
Did you know that the law in California surrounding lemons is a powerful consumer protection law designed to safeguard you when you buy or lease a faulty vehicle?
Lemon Law Basics
- It applies to both new and Certified Pre-Owned vehicles
- If your vehicle has persistent defects that the manufacturer (through its dealer) can’t fix, you may be entitled to a refund, replacement, or cash compensation.
Signs your vehicle might be a lemon
- Frequent breakdowns or malfunctions
- Repairs that don’t solve the underlying problem
- Safety-related issues that pose a risk
- Significant loss of value due to defects
Steps to take if you suspect a lemon
- Document everything: Keep records of repairs, invoices, and correspondence with the manufacturer and dealer.
- Notify the manufacturer and dealer: Inform them about the persistent defects and give them a reasonable opportunity to fix the issues.
- Consult with an experienced attorney in the lemon field: An experienced attorney can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights.
- In California, there are specific time limits for filing a Lemon Law claim. The deadlines can get complicated to calculate so contact Attorney Sotera Anderson for help in calculating the deadlines.
- Don’t delay! Act promptly to protect your rights.
Why hire a Lemon Law attorney
- An attorney specializes in Lemon Law cases and understands the complexities of the legal system.
- They’ll fight for the compensation you deserve, ensuring you’re not taken advantage of by the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer pays your attorney fees and costs
Remember, knowledge is power! If you suspect your vehicle is a lemon, don’t hesitate to take action. Reach out to attorney Sotera Anderson to explore your options. Together, we’ll fight for your rights and hold manufacturers accountable. Stay informed, stay empowered!
That’s it for today’s Lemon Law crash course. I hope you found this information helpful. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out.
Check out our website for more information
Click here for a free lemon law quiz to see if your vehicle might qualify